Foreman: Waste Management
8 October 2021
Job category: Waste Management
Remuneration: R 306 072.00 – R 338 076.00 p.a. (Level 06 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 457 306.60 p.a.
EE position: No
MIDVAAL LOCAL MUNICIPALITY INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE ADVERTISED VACANCY:
- Control and supervision of the refuse removal team, landfill site management and solid waste removal
- Receive solid waste complaints and issue work orders to teams accordingly
- Planning of all daily work activities according to a weekly program
- Investigate and report suspected disposal of hazardous, medical and other illegal dumping at landfill sites
- Monitoring work performance of waste management section
- Responsible for general administrative functions including the completion of time sheets, administration of leave and sick-leave, time and attendance, discipline and occupational health and safety issues including vehicles, equipment, and personnel, controls all activities within the section.
- Planning and investigating all aspects of services to be rendered daily including
- Daily refuse removal residential and industrial (businesses)
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested or required by management (supervisor) from time to time
- National Diploma in Waste Management, Environmental Management/Science, Civil Engineering, Project Management or equivalent NQF qualification
- Technical qualification in Waste Management added advantage
- Code 10 Driver’s License (with PDP added advantage)
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Must be prepared to work overtime
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Competent in interpretation, implementation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable policies
- Project management and financial skills and experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent management, conflict handling and negotiation skills
- A hard working, self-disciplined person with strong leadership and motivational qualities
- 3 to 5 years’ experience within a Local Government Authority in a senior capacity dealing with waste management, construction sites, project management in general or a similar pressurized environment.
CLOSING DATE: 08 October 2021 AT 12:00
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference. Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET – http://midvaal.pnet.co.za or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website www.midvaal.gov.za .For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7435
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.