PMU TECHNICIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT (REFERENCE: MN 3062/21)
4 October 2021
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R 346 476.00 – R 380 292.00 p.a. (Level 05 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 508 350.32 p.a.
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Responsible for providing data capturing service related to projects or activities pertaining to MIG Funding and IDP Projects
- Responsible for all general office administration duties related to the post and as instructed by the Director: PMU
- Liaise with contractors and consultants for all projects, including contracts for feasibility studies and provide administrative support
- Co-ordinating the project feasibility and business planning process, with the involvement of other municipal departments if appropriate, in terms of the relevant IDPs.
- Project management, ensuring projects meet planning objectives.
- Responsible for all MIG Reporting in terms of the MIG-MIS
- Compile comprehensive reports and presentations relating to Projects or activities pertaining to MIG Funding and IDP Projects
- Ensuring compliance with EPWP guidelines on projects implementation and complaint reporting to EPWP, MIG and other stakeholders
- Attending meetings with and/on behalf of the PMU Director
- Performs any other related ad hoc tasks from time to time as instructed by supervisor
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Registered with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a Candidate or be eligible to register.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, MS Projects)
- Code EB (08) driver’s license
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Three (03) years’ experience within the Built Environment. Experience in Local Government/Authority will be an added advantage.
CLOSING DATE: 04 October 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3062/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.