DEPUTY DIRECTOR: LEGAL CORPORATE SERVICES DEPARTMENT (MN 3033/21)
28 October 2021
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R455 352.00 – R502 548.00 p.a (level 03/02 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R759 649.80 p.a
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Manage Operational/Strategic Duties ensuring proper workflow planning, resource allocation, corrective actions, and evaluate performance in terms of:
- Monitoring all related Legal processes, procedures and workflow of sections including but not limited.
- Managing by-laws, valuation roll administration, financial declarations of Councillors and legal adverts on compliance matters.
- Manage the receipt, publication of adverts, receipt of objections pertaining to the valuation roll, the valuation appeal process and the signing of the roll.
- Draft, review and vetting of contracts and legal documents, policies and by-laws and attending to legal matters relevant to Council properties.
- Responsible for the promulgation of relevant information in provincial and/or government gazette(s).
- Manage legal matters by and against the Council.
- Provide assistance with the management of reporting of Fraud and Corruption to the level delegated to do so.
- Assist to manage the reporting of Fraud and Corruption.
- Draft comments on property reports, service level agreements and etc.
- Attend Bid Specification and Bid evaluation Committee meetings.
- Provide a secretarial function MPAC.
- Responsible for financial management within the section.
- Responsible for management of assets within the section.
- Developing and implementing operations/business plans – developed in conjunction with management.
- Provide administrative management support and guidance/supervision to subordinates.
- Evaluate, manage and control performance management systems of internal staff and external service providers.
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time.
- Relevant B Degree or Equivalent qualification (LLB, B Juris, B Proc,).
- Admitted Attorney.
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Meet MFMA minimum competency requirements or quality for dispensation.
- Knowledgeable on legislation, legal documents, policies and by-laws and attending to legal matters.
- Knowledge of the Employment legislative regulatory framework including: Labour Relations, BCEA, EEA & COIDA.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, proven management skills (including analytical thinking, empowerment, adaptability, leadership, conceptual, presentation, conflict management, attention to detail and negotiation skills.).
- Project management and financial management skills.
- Competent in interpretation, implementation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable policies.
- The ability to work under pressure, think strategically and creatively.
- At least 5 years’ experience pertaining to Legal functions of which at least three (03) years must be at senior management level.
CLOSING DATE: 28 October 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3033/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.