ELECTRICIAN: REVENUE PROTECTION ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT REFERENCE: MN 3191/22
16 August 2022
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R 279 792.00 – R 324 276.00 p.a. (Level 07 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 436 533.24 p.a.
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites applications for the below mentioned position:
- Responsible for meter audits and issue temper fines working along with the Energy Section
- Responsible for replacing faulty meters
- Responsible for reading electricity meters physically and electronically
- Identify faulty meters and implement remedial actions
- Installation of metering infrastructure
- Attend to metering queries both prepaid and conventional
- Supervises and control over the allocated personnel
- Responsible for the safety of equipment and vehicles within area of responsibility
- Read Bulk meters on a monthly basis
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF (N3) qualification in Electrical
- Qualified electrician (red seal)
- Relevant National Diploma or N6 will be an added advantage
- Wireman’s licence will be an added advantage
- Code 08 driver’s licence (PDP will be an added advantage)
- Computer Literacy (MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Electricity Metering (Prepaid and conventional)
- Knowledge of programmable meters will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to perform standby overtime duties
- Three (03) years’ relevant electrical experience preferably within a local government environment
CLOSING DATE: 16 AUGUST 2022 AT 12:00
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN *3191/22
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.