FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERN : FINANCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
22 September 2021
Job category: Financial Management
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: R 117 946.00 p.a. (all inclusive package) No other benefits or allowances will be payable
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Assist with the billing process (rates and service charges).
- Assist with customer care in the income section (customer queries, complaints etc.).
- Assist with cashiering when required.
- Assist with the completion of National Treasury reporting templates.
- Assist with the compilation of recons.
- Other administrative functions
- Assist with Expenditure and SCM related functions
- Assist with Asset Management functions.
- Assist with Risk, Insurance Claims & Compliance matters
- A three-year Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Risk Management and/or Auditing or equivalent NQF.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of windows spread sheet applications.
CLOSING DATE: 22 September 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3055/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.