EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: FINANCIAL SERVICES FINANCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT (REFERENCE: MN3098/21)
7 January 2022
Job category: Government and NGO
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: Minimum - R 972 648.00 pa / Midpoint- R 1 108 275.00 pa / Maximum R 1 257 894.00 pa (Salary may be structured in terms of the employment contract)
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
Provide strategic leadership aligned to financial principles that would guide development and maintenance within the municipal area
- Integrating and maintaining the financial system and administration
- Development and implementation of structures that will have a measurable positive impact on financial policy issues
- Adherence to generally accepted municipal accounting practices (GRAP), Municipal Standard Chart of Accounts (MSCOA) in terms of billing, revenue, credit control, supply chain management, rates, tenders, budget and expenditure, valuations, assets and risk management including indigent administration
- Executing and control Council’s budgetary processes
- Compilation of financial statements
Provide technical advice, guidance and support in respect of financial related services and systems in compliance with National Treasury reporting standards
Management of professional and financial contracts in respect of financial management processes
Prepare and submit reports on the department’s functions, to relevant structures and committees within the organisation
Rendering a strategic financial service by formulating and implementing frameworks, policies, plans and strategies relevant to national and provincial legislation regarding financial matters in accordance with MFMA guidelines and all other applicable legislation
Coordinate Staff Activities by means of providing assistance and attending to problems, grievances, and disciplinary hearings
Ensure fair and consistent labour practices in order to have sound labour relations so as to avoid unnecessary disputes
Budget management and financial control of the department
Responsible for managing the department’s performance, through the Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan by identifying deviations, apply corrective actions and evaluate performance according to KPI”s and PI’s
Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a competency assessment battery
The successful candidate will be expected to sign an employment contract, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest documentation.
- As contemplated in abovementioned Government Gazette 43122 No, 351 of 20 March 2020, read with Government Gazette 37245 Notice 21 of 17 January 2014 (Local Government: Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers)
- Post Graduate Degree or qualification in the fields of Accounting, Finance, or Economics registered with the National Qualifications Framework at NQF Level 8 with a minimum of 120 credits or Chartered Accountant
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Meet MFMA minimum competency requirements for CFO as contemplated in the Municipal Finance Management Minimum Competency Regulations.
- Knowledge of the relevant Municipal and Local Government Legislation
- Sound knowledge of the following vocations: Strategic Leadership and Management, Strategic Financial Management, Operational Financial Management, Governance, Ethics & Values in Financial Management, Financial and Performance Reporting, Risk and Change Management, Project Management, Legislation, Policy and Implementation, Stakeholder Relations, Supply Chain Management, Audit and Assurance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, proven management skills (including analytical thinking, empowerment, adaptability, leadership, conceptual, presentation, conflict management, attention to detail and negotiation skills.)
- Competent in interpretation, implementation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable policies viz. GRAP, MSCOA, billing, revenue, credit control, supply chain management, rates, tenders, budget and expenditure, valuations, assets and risk management
- The ability to work under pressure, think strategically and creatively
- Experience and Competencies within Local Government in a Financial environment as per the abovementioned Regulations
CLOSING DATE: 07 January 2022 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN3098/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.