HANDY MAN ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT (REFERENCE: MN 3147/22)
31 May 2022
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R 222 792.00 – R 254 508.00 p.a. (Level 08 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 359 649.00 p.a.
EE position: Yes
MIDVAAL LOCAL MUNICIPALITY INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE ADVERTISED VACANCY:
- Performs physical and administrative tasks associated with the execution of repairs and renovations to interior/exterior surfaces, fixtures and plumbing systems of buildings and facilities in order to maintain buildings to an acceptable safe standard
- Repairs and maintenance to interior/exterior building and facilities’ surfaces and surroundings
- Removing and replacing or fixing fixtures including, but not limited to: locks, handles, taps, window panes, light fittings, etc.
- Interacting and comprehending repair requirements, details on approved works orders and communicating material and tool requirements to support personnel
- Record all job-related requests into job schedule for planning purposes
- Collects quotations and submits requisitions
- Inspect and sign off on completed tasks
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by the Supervisor from time to time
- Grade 12/N3
- Recognised trade certificates in the Building trade will be a strong recommendation
- Technical Qualification will be an added advantage
- Code 08 Driver’s License
- Computer literacy (MSWord, Excel & Powerpoint) will be an added advantage
- Skills and competencies associated with vocation: adaptability, communication, assertiveness/leadership skills, conflict and stress management skills, negotiation skills and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of various hand tools and equipment related to duties
- Knowledge of OHSACT and safety procedures
- 02 to 03 years relevant experience as Handy Man or Building and Facilities Maintenance.
CLOSING DATE: 31 May 2022 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3147/22
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.