SPECIAL WORKSMAN: PEST & WEED CONTROL COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT - (REFERENCE: MN 3069/21)
22 October 2021
Industry: Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R222 792.00 – R254 508.00 p.a (level 08 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R359 649.00 p.a
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- By using a knapsack to control weed and insect in areas.
- Safe application of all products according to the standard work procedures with consideration of the environment, children and adults to ensure public safety and a healthy environment for all.
- Work with garden tools or any other machines when necessary if knapsack or grass cutting machine is out of order.
- Responsible to know the material safety data sheet of every product before using it.
- Responsible for maintenance of knapsack and grass cutting machines.
- Regularly inspecting equipment, tools and machines for any damage.
- To work full day in alternative short Fridays (Pay day).
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested or required by management from time to time.
- Grade 12
- Operators certificate on pest and weed control
- A registration certificate as a registered pest control operator in terms of the Pest Control Operator Regulations, R 98 of 18 February 2011, as promulgated in terms of the FERTILIZERS, FARM FEEDS, AGRICULTURAL REMEDIES AND STOCK REMEDIES ACT, 1947(ACT NO. 36 0F 1947)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and good organisational skills.
- Skills and competencies associated with vocation: adaptability, assertiveness/leadership skills, conflict and stress management, negotiation skills and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Be able to read material safety data sheets.
- Good physical health
- A hard working, self-disciplined person with strong leadership and motivational qualities
- 2 to 3 years’ relevant experience within a pest and weed control industry.
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3068/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.