CHIEF CLERK EVENTS COORDINATOR AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER - MN3091/21
6 December 2021
Job category: Government and NGO
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: R 416 649.76 p.a (Total package inclusive of all benefits) - Contract - linked to term of office
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Facilitate the implementation of Local, Provincial and National programmes
- Support and provide assistance to Ward Committees
- Dissemination of information regarding Council by-laws process by designing and distribution of material for public meetings
- Serves as link between the municipality, and public by collating inputs received and recommendations related thereto
- Liaise with public, government departments, specific to events/project or programs related to the vocation
- Implement and facilitate public participation within the municipality
- Develop, review and recommend strategies, procedures to capacitate internal and external stakeholders on municipal legislation, programs, projects.
- Implement annual programs and activities in accordance with budget and year planner
- Developing and implementing operational/business plans developed in conjunction with stakeholders to improve customer service
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time
- National Diploma in Events Management
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, adaptability, communication, assertiveness/leadership skills, conflict and stress management, negotiation skills, problem solving skills, office management and strong administrative skills
- Project management and financial management skills
- Strong understanding of political/organisational policy, procedures, surrounds and services specific to social media platforms, brand management, events management
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience pertaining to events coordination and public participation functions
CLOSING DATE: 06 December 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN3091/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.