PEST & WEED CONTROL OPERATOR - COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT: PARKS SECTION (MN 3068/21)
22 October 2021
Industry: Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R141 300.00 – R157 248.00 p.a (level 12 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R256 369.00 p.a
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- By using a knapsack to control weed and insect in areas.
- Safe application of all products according to the standard work procedures with consideration of the environment, children and adults to ensure public safety and a healthy environment for all.
- Work with garden tools or any other machines when necessary if knapsack or grass cutting machine is out of order.
- Responsible to know the material safety data sheet of every product before using it.
- Responsible for maintenance of knapsack and grass cutting machines.
- Regularly inspecting equipment, tools and machines for any damage.
- To work full day in alternative short Fridays (Pay Day).
- Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested or required by management from time to time.
- Grade 10.
- Grade 12 will be an added advantage.
- Operators certificate on pest and weed control will be an added.
- Valid Driver’s License will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and good organisational skills.
- Be able to read material safety data sheets.
- Good physical health.
- A hard working, self-disciplined person with strong leadership and motivational qualities.
- 1 year relevant experience in pest and weed control industry.
CLOSING DATE: 22 October 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3068/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.