ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: REVENUE PROTECTION TECHNICAL SUPPORT MN 3047/21
20 September 2021
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R398 496.00 – R429 048.00 p.a. (Level 04 of a Grade 08 Local Authority) Total Package Inclusive of all Benefits: R659 868.92 p.a.
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
Investigate and check water consumption to ensure correct usage and correct faulty accounts based on outcome of investigations, including but not limited to:
o Bulk Water Meters
o Commercial Water Meters
o Household Water Meters
o High & Abnormal Consumption
o Low Water Consumption
o No Water Consumption
· Responsible for the supervision and monitor of the pre-payment metering system
· Manage & Monitor External Services Providers
· Revenue Collection:
o Read bulk meters on a monthly basis (by the first of each month) and prepare accounts for Financial Services
o Perform financial calculation based on the information received
· Perform any other related Ad Hoc tasks and duties as requested or required by management (supervisor) from time to time.
- B Degree in accounting, finance, civil and electrical engineering or equivalent NQF level
- Valid drivers’ license
- Meet MFMA minimum competency requirements or qualify for dispensation
- Project Management and Financial Management skills and experience
- Competent in implementation, interpretation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable policies
- Professional Registration certificate will be an added advantage
- Computer literate (MSWord, MS Excel, PowerPoint & MS Projects)
- Decision making, Problem solving, Analytical and Project Management skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of planning procedures and regulations
- 3-5 years relevant experience within Engineering environment of which 3 years should be at supervision level.
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2021 AT 12:00
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3047/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representativeness (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representativeness will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET – http://midvaal.pnet.co.za or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website www.midvaal.gov.za .
For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7435
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.