EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE PRINCIPAL COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT THREE YEAR FIXED TERM
22 May 2022
Job category: Government and NGO
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: Self Generated
EE position: Yes
MIDVAAL LOCAL MUNICIPALITY INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE ADVERTISED VACANCY:
- To manage the ECD Centre
- To provide early childhood development services for children aged 0-6 years old, which includes:
- Care and child protection
- Nutritional support
- Growth monitoring
- Stimulation, early learning opportunities and assessment of developmental milestones
- Referrals to Health and Social Services for further intervention as and when required
- Adhere to practitioner child ratio requirements as per the Children’s Act
- General hygiene of the centre
- Parental involvement
- Collect fees from parents
- Child stimulation through use of educational toys and material
- Maintain and update database of children in the centre
- Employ personnel who are qualified, fit and committed to the wellbeing of children in their care
- Ensure personnel adhere to all duties as stipulated in their employment contracts
- Diploma in Grade R – NQF Level 6
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing a fully operational ECD Centre
- Ability to manage ECD Centre with up to 90 children
- Sound administration and financial management skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Good Interpersonal relationships skills
- Proven ability to work with children (Kindly submit references)
CLOSING DATE: 22 May 2022 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3159/22
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.