FOREMAN: ROAD AND STORM WATER ENGINEERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT (REFERENCE: 3021/21)
22 June 2021
Job category: Government and NGO
Remuneration: R 306 072.00 – R 338 076.00 p.a. (Level 06 of a Grade 8 Local Authority) Total package inclusive of all benefits: R 457 306.60 p.a.
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
- Control, coordinate, train and supervise subordinates in the section.
- Assist the Superintendent with the planning and daily duties of the section.
- Attend to public complaints and prioritise sectional activities accordingly.
- Allocation of work orders to staff members.
- Responsible for staff discipline and safety.
- Perform all admin duties of staff members including leave.
- Perform standby and overtime duties as and when required
- Responsible for all operational, maintenance and construction aspects of tar and gravel roads within the section
- Management of quality and ensure compliance with the standard specification
- Manage the maintenance teams and programmes
- Ensure efficient and effective administration within the section
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License. PDP will be added advantage.
- Grader and/or TLB operator license will be added advantage
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint and email
- Proven knowledge of roads and storm water construction and equipment
- Specialized knowledge of earth works, roads and storm water and knowledge of earth moving equipment
- Report writing skills
- Good human relations, strong leadership and motivational qualities
- A hard working self-disciplined person
- Must be able to perform standby and or overtime duties
- 3 – 5 years’ experience responsible for Roads & Stormwater, experience within Local authority will be an added advantage
CLOSING DATE: 22 June 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 3021/21
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.