SECRETARY:OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR: REF MN3095/21) -contract fixed and linked to term of office
6 December 2021
Industry: Public Administration
Job category: Secretarial
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: R 416 649.76 p.a. (Total package inclusive of all benefits)
EE position: Yes
Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy: contract fixed and linked to term of office
Responsible for secretarial and administrative operations related to the office of the Mayor by:
- Proper management and coordination of the Mayor’s diary
- Composes and typing routine letters, memoranda, reports, minutes of meetings
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, take messages- and schedule appointments
- Sorts, opens and distribute mail/screen electronic mail
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences and responsible for necessary travel and all other logistical arrangements
- Proofreads and corrects prepared material and content
- Establish and maintain office files, logs, indices and other relevant records
- Enters, retrieve, update, verifying of information and other relevant records
- Takes minutes and recordings of meetings
- Determines needs and oversee purchases of office equipment/stationary, required for operations aligned to budget provisions.
- Responsible for assisting departments in following up on open calls, and inter alia community outreach surveys, customer satisfaction, and other related ad hoc campaigns as required.
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time
- National Diploma – Administration, Secretarial, Office Management
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, including adaptability, leadership, conceptual, presentation, conflict management, attention to detail and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing and typing skills
- Strong Administrative and office management skills
- Strong understanding of political/organisational policy, procedures, surrounds and services specific to social media platforms, brand management, events management
- Competent in interpretation, implementation and enforcement of relevant legislation and applicable policies.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience pertaining to secretarial and/or office management functions
CLOSING DATE: 06 December 2021 12:00PM
REFERENCE NUMBER: MN3095/21)
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.